I am not quite ready to transition to fall (summer has always been my favorite!), but there are a couple of things I am already looking forward to............
1) Thanksgiving- this is my all time favorite holiday! I love that everyone can get together but there is no pressure of exchanging gifts- this day is just about spending the day with your loved ones, thinking of everything you have to be thankful for, and eating some delicious food!
2) Football- Husband is quite the lucky man since he is OBSESSED with sports and I actually enjoy watching football with him! Here are the teams we can always be found cheering on:
Texas Tech Red Raiders
And of course the Dallas Cowboys :)
Next up: Q & A game!!
Ashley was kind enough to tag me in this game she played- she must have known how much I love answering these type of questions! Here are the questions I was asked (along with several other fellow bloggers):
1) If you could pick any decade to have grown up in, which would you choose?
That would probably have to be the 1950's. I love the idea of how family life was back then- mom's stayed home and everything seemed peaceful. I know that it probably was not all as perfect as it seems, but it would be fun to see how different my childhood would have been during those times.
2) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had really wanted to either own my own dance studio or become a oceanographer/marine biologist. I have always been fascinated by sea life!
3) If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
I am not too sure how many of you have already noticed this, but I already go by a "different" name on my blog- Cait. My full name is Caitrin and while I love having a unique name, it has always been a problem as well. Most people can never say my name correctly or remember it because it is one they have never heard before. I have noticed over the past couple years that it is just easier to use Cait or Caiti instead. When I was younger, I used to wish my name was Jessica because it is such an easy name that no one can mess up and I thought it was very pretty!
4) If you could go on a road trip with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose and where would you go?
I may be cheating, but I would honestly choose my husband over anyone else- I just love road trips with him! He may not agree (he gets annoyed with my constant singing/talking in the car and is not a huge fan of long road trips) but I always have so much fun! If I could choose a place I would pick to drive from Dallas to Maine- I have really been wanting to do this over the last couple of months!
5) What is the best concert you have ever been to?
I would have to say the Spice Girls when I was in 5th grade- only because it was my very first concert! It made me realize how much fun they are and Husband and I try to go to at least 1 every year.
6) What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
NOT INTENTIONALLY: I ate dried squid :( My stepdad had told me it was chicken to see how I reacted.........lets just say it was disgusting!
7) What is your all time favorite song and why?
I thought long and hard on this one and I could not pick just one :(
8) What is your biggest phobia?
This one is a toss up: I absolutely hate people touching my neck! For some reason it terrifies me! Whenever I get scared I have to hold on to my neck too- weird huh? Its so bad that Husband isnt even allowed to touch it!
I also get claustrophobic quite a bit- maybe this goes along with people touching my neck- I dont like my personal space invaded. Crowded elevators, lines on a cruise ship when people are trying to get off the boat, "the pit" at concerts, etc can all be problems for me sometimes.
Happy Labor Day to everyone!