Monday, June 14, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday and Weekend!

This weeks Top 2 Tuesday at The Undomestic Momma is...........Guilty Pleasures!


1) This one should be a given (but just in case).........SHOPPING!! Now for a normal person this may not be considered a guilty pleasure, but for me it is. I actually get a rush when I go inside a mall! (you think I am kidding, but trust me I am not!) Anytime I am having a bad day all it takes is a step inside a store and I magically feel better! And its not just clothing shopping- it can really be anything! Grocery shopping, Petsmart for the dogs, shopping for Husband, and even random errands that just require me to purchase something! Husband and I have definitely had an argument or two over my addiction!




2) Romance Books- I know, I know, not the most glamorous guilty pleasure! But something about summer makes me want to just lay out at the pool with a good love story! Now that I have my Kindle (which I absolutely love!!) I have easier access to books any time I want them- all I have to do is hop on Amazon and download whatever sounds good at the moment- which definitely does not help any with guilty pleasure #1! And like #1, Husband and I have gotten in a few arguments over this guilty pleasure, too- because sometimes I don't understand why Husband cannot act more like the men in those books! (To which Husband will normally respond by saying that if he too had someone writing all of his lines, he would definitely act more like those men!)




As for our weekend......let's just say that if I were ever in a position where someone was wanting to torture me, I now know exactly what they can use...... Yard work! I have always known that me and yard work do not get along, but this weekend I really learned how much we hate each other! I just do not see the fun in sweating, aching, being bitten by bugs, or getting dirty! And to any of you who are able to garden or who enjoy yard work, I have so much respect for you! Because I really wish I was good at it, but I can very confidently say that yard work and I will never be a match for each other!

Husband and I had decided it would be a GREAT idea to completely re-do our flower beds this weekend! As much as I hated the work, I was very proud of the result! I took before and after pictures to share with all of you- but please be aware that our flower beds looked HORRIBLE in the beginning! Husband and I did not have a chance yet this season to go through and pull the weeds, so I will admit they were a bit of a mess before we started!

Before:

Husband starting on the digging:


The finished product! I am so proud! (Husband was very quick to point out that in this picture he had not yet mowed, so our yard does look better now too!)





Hope you all enjoyed your weekend- hopefully more than I enjoyed mine!! :)
--Cait

10 comments:

MaMaWilson said...

Maaaaan! I want a kindle so bad! great pics! agreed!

Laura Beth said...

I too get a fabulous rush when buying something...anything.

I too get in heated arguments with the husband over this and my lack of will to stay on budget.

:)

The Sweet Life said...

I just got a kindle too. I am obsessed and have been reading quite a few romance novels myself. haha!

Monique said...

Love Love Love kindles!!! We did yard work as well. UGH! Such hard work but we enjoy it now :)

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful blog! I love reading as well, been debating the Kindle.

The Undomestic Mom said...

you yard looks good! we need to do ours too! and I feel the same way about shopping even if it is to buy ben socks at target haha!

Tales of a young mamma said...

I want a kindle to read trashy novels on!!

Lindsay said...

Stopping by from top 2 tuesday! I LOVE your house! SO cute! Oh and shopping, my big weakness too! :)

Meant to be a mom said...

The flower beds look great :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your blog is adorable. I'm now a new follower of yours.

I'm sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with pcos. Its no fun but no worries you can and will get pg. It just makes you work a little (or a lot) harder than the normal women.

I'm excited to watch your journey. My prayers are with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love your house. It reminds me of Kansas.