Wednesday, June 9, 2010

See You Next Month, Progesterone!

Every month for the last 5 months I have had to take a cycle of progesterone pills to raise my hormone levels- they are VERY low due to my PCOS. My experience with these pills, so far, has not been too bad- but, as with any medication you take, there are side effects. With that being said, I think Husband is more excited than anyone that I am done with this month's cycle of progesterone! He is the one who encounters most of the side effects, aka my craziness, while I am on them! After all, these are HORMONE pills- I think you get the picture. So good news Husband......you can now rest easy for the next couple of weeks!

Since I am done for this month that means I am now that much closer to this month's test: a Hysterosalpingogram, or HSG test. I am NOT looking forward to this test and it does not sound like it will be a pleasant experience! (I will be having dye injected into me so that an x-ray can be taken of my lower abdomen area) Luckily, Husband's new insurance kicked in this week because I do not want to think about how much a test like this would cost without insurance coverage! I have not yet set the date for the test but it will be sometime within the next 2 weeks- and you all know I will blog about it!

*On a complete side note, I got to have lunch with Husband today for the first time since he started his new job! It makes me feel so good seeing him so happy about this new opportunity!


--Cait

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I had an HSG done a few years ago and it wasn't too bad. It is uncomfortable and there is a little bit of cramping afterwards but it doesn't last very long. Good luck!

Mama B said...

Hi Cait! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it!

I'm a following now, and I'm definitely going to be praying for you and your husband. Hopefully we'll both get our BFP's SOON! Glad to hear you're done with the progesterone pills, and lots of luck whenever you end up doing the HSG!! :)

andreae said...

I guess the side effects could be a lot worse ;-) I'm glad you got to see your hubbie with a tie one at lunch!

The Undomestic Mom said...

I didnt know it was progesterone your on! I was on that too...I had no idea it makes you crazy though..I better tell ben thats why I was so crazy!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Thank goodness for insurance, is that not the truth. Good luck!!

Kelsey said...

OH hormones. Never on our side.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i'm crazy and i'm not even on prog. what's that say about me? haha

Caitrin said...

Laura- that you are a MOM!! :)

Caroline said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope all goes well with this test. I am beginning the phase of testing. I will pray for you guys to get pregnant soon! Congrats to hubby on his new job!