Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Posted by Caitrin at 9:13 AM
Sunday, August 29, 2010
I know, I know, I probably should have thought about this say....a couple months ago when I first planned this trip, but for some reason I kept telling myself I had plenty of time- that is until I woke up this morning and realized its less than a week away! I have been trying to stick with my running pact I posted several weeks back, but lets be honest: lately I have been slacking a bit. I did go for a run this morning and will try to get several more in before I leave.
I know this sounds silly, but seriously- I am going to be in LA and Las Vegas! Its like a rule that you have to look beautiful there! And honestly, with all the hormone treatments I have been through lately, I feel like I have not been my normal self. Between my face breaking out and adding some extra pounds in the thigh/behind area I feel like I am going through an "ugly" phase- yes, even I realize how ridiculous that sounds. Husband has been very quick to point out that those type of comments that I have been making around the house lately are stupid :)
I am sure I will feel much better after a shopping trip this week :) Wish me luck on keeping up with my running!
Posted by Caitrin at 6:18 PM
Friday, August 27, 2010
1) The most adventurous thing I've ever done is: Honestly, I am not sure..........I am not a big adventure seeker or risk taker. I am the type of person that will sit and list the pros and cons before taking a big risk. With that being said, I hope to start trying new adventurous things as Husband and I travel more (like ziplining, parasailing, etc). Husband loves this type of stuff and I am going to try my best to branch out so that I can do these things with him. Maybe I will have a better answer to this question within the next couple of years :)
2)If I were a pair of shoes I would be: a cute pair of strappy sandals! I LIVE in these during the summer and love that you can either dress them up or down!3) My preferred mode of digital communication is: TEXTING! It is so much easier than having to talk on the phone with someone! Husband and I will call each other maybe once throughout the day, but we will text dozens of times! Its so nice to be able to ask a quick question or send a quick "I Love You"- short and sweet :)
7) Music, Movies, TV, or Books: If I could only choose 1 to enjoy I would pick: BOOKS! I love curling up on the couch and getting "lost" in a good book. It is such a great way to pass a rainy day or enjoy some lounging time by the pool. (preferrably it would be a book on my Kindle :))
Posted by Caitrin at 8:23 AM
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Saturday a co-worker and I hosted a pool party for everyone from our office. It was so much fun getting all of our families together outside of work! (For those of you that do not know I work a couple days a week in a dental office- at the time I had decided to work there as a way to cut down on hours and stress because I had just come out of a crazy job in the fashion industry. I heard my dentist was in need of help in their front office and thought "that would be perfect: less hours, less stress, more time for me to focus on a baby!" Little did I know that I would absolutely fall in love with everyone there and find such an amazing "work family") I had been planning this party for quite some time now and I am so proud to say it was a huge success! We themed it as a summer fiesta/luau (I know weird combination) but it was so fun because we had TONS of mexican food and everyone wore leis! I just wish I had taken more pictures! And by the way, you cannot tell from the pics, but we had 30+ people at this party- it was such a fun group of people!
Here are SOME of the kids, having fun in the pool:
Me and a co worker
Posted by Caitrin at 8:29 PM
Monday, August 23, 2010
1) Shopping......enough said! I am sure you guys are tired of hearing about this by now :)
2)Vacations! Husband and I try to go on several mini vacations a year (sometimes even quick 2 day trips) and then we always have one BIG trip as well. This year our big trip is Las Vegas (Husband has never been so we are going all out!) Here is what our hotel will look like:
We booked a suite in the new tower of Mandalay Bay, we have a pool cabana while there (thanks to my daddy :)), there will be quite a bit of gambling (mainly by Husband) and Husband and I plan on trying some of the top restaurants each night.
Depending on when Baby Hill makes their debut, we are already thinking of next year's big trip: either Argentina or somewhere in Europe!
As mentioned on Friday, this past weekend was busy, busy! Here are some pics from Day 1 (Friday). Husband and I got together with Taylor and her hubs to go to the North Texas Rodeo and take some country music!
(I have to let you all know that this was my first true country concert and first attempt at "western" clothes- hence the random sundress and boots :))
This was the CUTEST cow ever! Her name was Elsie and she is the "Borden Milk Cow"
Me and Husband :)
Posted by Caitrin at 9:17 PM
Friday, August 20, 2010
Next up: Husband and I are meeting up with Taylor and her hubs to go to the North Texas State Fair and take in a concert! There will be greasy food, fun games/rides, and good music! I cant wait and will be sure to share some pics :)
Tomorrow: I have gotten together with some girls at my work to throw an office pool party! All of our spouses/families will be coming and we are sure to have a great time with plenty of mexican food and margaritas!
Sunday: Time to spend some good quality time with Husbands parents. We haven't seen them in several weeks and that seems like just too long because they only live 45 minutes away! I'm thinking some pool time and relaxation with them sounds like the perfect way to wind down the weekend........
Hope you all have a great weekend ahead of you! I cant wait to come back next week and share plenty of pictures from my crazy-busy weekend!
Posted by Caitrin at 4:27 PM
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I have read some reviews online and have found a couple that seem to have really good feedback:
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
And I am sooooo happy you all have loved the new blog design! Throughout the whole design process I kept wondering "what will everyone think???" I just couldnt wait to hear all of your thoughts! Some of you have asked about the cost of getting a design for your blog......Bailey (the designer for my blog) has her pricing listed on her website here. There are several different package options and other "add ons" to choose from. I will admit, I went all out on mine. I figured if I am going through all the trouble of having a design made I might as well get what I want and not have to worry about re doing it any time soon. I also had to pay to use some of the pictures in my design (like the girl and the baby bottle/pacifier) so that did add to the cost some- but it was worth every penny! Again, I could not be any happier with the outcome- the new design is so "me" and I love being able to express my personality that way!
Posted by Caitrin at 9:30 PM
Monday, August 16, 2010
All those clothes and that amazing closet......I get excited just thinking about it! If only I could spend a day in her shoes..........I would be one super happy girl :)
2) One of the Kardashian sisters
They own their own clothing store- how perfect is that?!?! I will admit, each one of them has their own drama and issues, but still it would be fun! Not to mention, all of them have amazing bodies.......and mine does not look anything like any of theirs :)
Posted by Caitrin at 8:16 PM
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Husband (far right) and some of his besties
Husband (left) and the birthday boy- singing some karaoke :) They were hilarious! The first song they sang was "Dont Stop Believing"
Having fun at the end of the night :)
Posted by Caitrin at 6:13 PM
Friday, August 13, 2010
Today's appointment didn't exactly go that way........I'll get to that in a sec. First here is a pic Husband took while waiting in the sono room:
First we looked at the uterus: perfect. Then we looked at the right ovary: perfect again. Finally, off to look at the left ovary: far from perfect.......this was what we found:
See the HUGE black circle with a "c" on it?? That lovely polka dot is a cyst- a large one :( Good news is I have sonograms so often that is very unlikely the cyst could be in any way harmful- since it wasnt there before. The tech said that it likely developed as a late reaction to the clomid I had taken last month. It is fluid filled and about 1 inch in size- which to me seems weird because wouldnt I notice something that size developing? Apparently not, if it continued to get larger (to about 2 inches) then I would start to possibly feel some pain or have other reactions to it.
So now the bad news- it is very likely we will NOT be able to do treatment this month. After finding the cyst, the tech decided to draw some blood to run some tests and told me they will call me within the next 24 hours. Since my appointment today was just with the tech (because it should have been an in and out type of appointment) I wasn't able to speak with my doctor and will have to wait until he has reviewed the sono and bloodwork results.
I hate the thought of going ANOTHER month without treatment! These past 4 weeks have been rough knowing there was nothing I could do while I sat and waited to complete the birth control pack. Now its even worse because I have all the new injectionables waiting patiently in my fridge. Husband and I are just hoping that the bloodwork results will come back positive- until then I am anxiously awaiting the phone call!
Posted by Caitrin at 3:40 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Here are this week's questions...........
1. Today for breakfast I ate: a bagel from Einstein Bagels with honey almond cream cheese- yumm!
2. My go-to/never fail recipe: Chicken Dorito casserole- Husband's favorite! I dont have an actual recipe- I normally just "wing" it, but it mainly consists of: shredded ckn, velveeta, rotel, corn, black beans, and crushed Doritos. DELICIOUS! I think there are plenty of recipes out there on the internet
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird: not too sure on this one........maybe Ramen noodles?? Husband thinks I am very weird because there are times when I will CRAVE them!
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was: Honestly, I normally dont have too many of these. My main problem is that I always think that I can "guess-timate" measurements- which for cooking is normally fine, but if you are baking that becomes a big problem!
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life, it would be: I normally change my answer on this a lot. For the longest time it was Mint Chocolate Chip, but lately I have been loving Cookies n Cream and Peaches n Cream
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is: nothing comes to mind on this one.......but I am VERY picky with any meat I eat- especially chicken! I always have to cut all the fat off and I will never eat any piece of chicken that has any type of "color" or dark spots- it has to be 100% white meat
7. What is your favorite meal- breakfast, lunch or dinner? Dinner- this is the meal you normally eat with your loved one(s) and the meal Husband and I most commonly go out to a restaurant for!
Posted by Caitrin at 3:18 PM
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Another main reason I wanted to start getting back in shape is for Baby Hill. I've read in several places now that being physically healthy will increase your chances of getting preggo and will then help during your pregnancy. Obviously I have some strong odds stacked against me on the fertility side (due to medical reasons), but anything could help right?
So, our plan is to start running as a "family" (meaning with the dogs) several times a week. This combined with eating a little bit healthier (meaning Husband is no longer allowed to have ice cream for dinner!) should help us get back to a place where we feel content (aka: I do not get winded every time I have to climb a couple flights of stairs!)
Here is a picture of me with the puppies getting ready for the run. Please ignore the awkward position I am in.......Husband is not the best picture taker- he really needs to work on his timing!
Worn out puppies! This one is Diohgee (D-O-G......get it?? Husband named him)
And this is Miss Mollie......
And here was our healthy dinner for the evening- grilled chicken (with teriyaki glaze) and salad. Please notice how Husband's salad (on the right) does not have any tomatoes- that was too much "healthy-ness" for him! And we may have added some cheese and ranch to the salad, but hey baby steps right??
Lets see how long this healthy lifestyle lasts.........hopefully we can make it longer than a few days! Of course we will throw in some splurge days each week as well, but with how picky Husband is this may get a little hard!
Posted by Caitrin at 7:11 PM
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Another update: my new blog design is still coming along- and so far it looks GREAT! I am sooooo excited and cant wait to show you all! I would love to think of a fun way to reveal my new blog design (like maybe once I hit 100 followers???), but we will have to wait and see when it is complete. Who knows- maybe I will have some exciting Baby News to share- wouldnt that be the perfect transition!?!?! Only time will tell........
Posted by Caitrin at 2:14 PM
Sunday, August 1, 2010
1. Summer! I LOOOOOVE summer! I feel like I am automatically always in a better mood during the summer- I think its the combination of warm weather and super cute sundresses :) I get cold super easy so you can imagine how miserable I am during winter- not to mention I HATE big, bulky sweaters! So its either freeze my butt off wearing something semi-comfortable, or look horrible in a big sweater while trying to stay warm!
2. Going on walks with my family. When the weather outside is nice, Husband and I will take our dogs on walks quite often. Its so nice to just spend that "down-time" together with our "babies" :)
Others that made the list: a glass of wine after a long day, game nights with friends, random "i love you" texts from Husband, and ice cream before bed!
Over the weekend, some of my family got together to celebrate one of my cousin's birthdays. We had quite a good time and took some pictures, so I thought I would share a couple here:
Me with my aunts:
Me and my grandmother:
Posted by Caitrin at 8:39 PM